Corn and Pepper Cups
Yield: 10 servings
5 green peppers (cut in half, lengthwise)
1⁄2 small onion, chopped
1 1⁄2 garlic cloves, chopped
3 cups cooked rice
1 can diced tomatoes with chiles, undrained (10 1/2 ounces)
1 can whole kernel corn, drained (8 1/2 ounces)
1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
1. Remove seeds from peppers. Cook in boiling water 2 to 3 minutes. Drain. Set aside.
2. Cook onion and garlic in oil in medium skillet over medium-high heat for 3 minutes.
3. Combine rice, tomatoes, corn and onion mixture. Mix well.
4. Spoon rice mixture into pepper halves. Places on baking sheets coated with cooking spray.
5. Bake at 350°F for 10 minutes or until hot. Sprinkle with cheese.
6. Bake again at 350°F for 5 minutes until cheese melts.
University of Maryland Extension.